Home >> About us >> History

History

In 1858, the company was founded as Nathan, Philipp & Co. on the Kamerunquay in the port of Hamburg.

After changing its name to Sloman, Schöer & Co. and merging with Jordaberg Hafenbetrieb, in 1994 the company was taken over by C. Steinweg Handelsveem B.V., Rotterdam.

The two merged terminal operation companies plus the already existing freight forwarding operations of C. Steinweg Handelsveem in Hamburg resulted in the formation of a powerful multi-purpose terminal with significant warehousing facilities and an integrated freight-forwarding capability, C. Steinweg (Süd-West Terminal) GmbH & Co. KG.